Provence Discovery Trip
If you’re a journalist or professional sommelier, the Provence Wine Council invites you to apply for our annual fall Provence discovery tour. The five-day trip will take you from one end of Provence to the other, introducing you to exceptional terroirs and vineyards. Here's what you can expect to do along the way:
Applications for this year’s trip (Oct. 5-10, 2014) are now closed.
- Meet with producers
- Taste an array of red, white, and rosé wines
- Deepen your knowledge of Provence as a wine region
- Soak in the beauty and diversity of the region's wines, food, and culture
Interested in next year's trip? Please contact Carlene Hastings at the Wines of Provence U.S. office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-499-4263202-499-4263) for more information!
If you’re planning independent travel to Provence, take advantage of the Wines of Provence directory. Use it to build your itinerary and plot your rosé tasting route. Explore wines by appellation, domaine, or label.
In addition, take note of our domaine hospitality offerings (below) and the region’s wine tasting centers (bottom of page). If you'd like help selecting domaines to visit, please contact our U.S. trade office (email@example.com, 202-499-4263202-499-4263).
The following domaines, listed by AOP region, welcome visits from members of the wine trade.
Côtes de Provence AOP (including sub-appellations)
Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence AOP
Coteaux Varois en Provence AOP
Provence Tasting Centers
Côtes de Provence Wine Center (Maison des Vins)
A regional "house of wine" near the Argens River in Les Arcs, midway between Aix-en-Provence and Nice
- Visitor's center/wine tasting cellar: 16 Côtes de Provence AOP wines selected weekly, open daily at 10 a.m.
- Wine shop: 800 AOP wines for sale
- Wine tasting center: wine tasting classes, meeting rooms
- Restaurant: "la Vigne à table," featuring regional gastronomy
- Off site: seminars, tastings, and vineyard visits
83460 Les Arcs sur Argens
Phone: 33 (0) 4 94 99 50 20
Fax: 33 (0) 4 94 99 50 29
Coteaux Varois en Provence Wine Center (Maison des Vins)
A regional "house of wine" housed in the Celle Abbey hotel ("Hostellerie de l'Abbaye de la Celle")
- Visitor's center/wine tasting cellar: collection of Côteaux Varois wines
- A summer music festival takes place on the grounds
- Adjacent to Alain Ducasse's renowned restaurant
83170 La Celle
Phone: 04 94 69 33 18
Fax: 04 94 59 04 47
Côtes de Provence Sainte-Victoire Tasting Center (Vinothèque)
A regional “house of wine” midway between Aix-en-Provence and Brignole, promoting local wines through various offerings, including:
- Visitor’s center/wine tasting cellar: Côtes de Provence Sainte-Victoire AOP wines selected weekly; open at 10 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday
- Wine shop: Sainte-Victoire AOP wines for sale
- Off site: tastings and free guided tours of vineyards and cellars on Saturday mornings (5 people minimum)
- Represents 22 member vineyards in the Var region (in Pourcieux and Pourrières) and in the Bouches du Rhône region (in Trets, Puyloubier, Peynier, Rousset, and Châteauneuf-le-Rouge)
1 Boulevard Etienne Boyer BP n°25
13 530 Trets, Provence, France
Phone: 33 (0) 4 42 61 37 60
Fax: 33 (0) 4 42 54 68 85